Enhancements for API 2010-04-01

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2010 at 8:39 PM

The current release of TSL.NET only supports API version 2008-08-01. The new API v2010-04-01 was released recently (not on 4-april) and includes many enhancements which have been eagerly awaited by Twilio developers.

I have not yet begun making changes to TSL.NET to support the new API release but I will do so soon.

All code developed with TSL.NET should work fine as Twilio continues to support both interfaces. However, there will be breaking changes when application code written against v2008 is compiled against v2010. I will do my best to document changes that I make in TSL.NET with links back to the Twilio docs so that everyone can see exactly what has changed and why.

Would anyone like to volunteer to assist with XML comments or other cosmetic cleanups after I make the major changes?

Would anyone like to volunteer for other required efforts?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM

It was mentioned in another thread that TSL.NET "works" with the version simply changed to 2010. Well, it will work to some extent with the version simply changed because the core of the API is virtually identical. However, there are no benefits to running against v2010 with a v2008 library, and there are many issues. Some breaking changes were introduced which will bite you soon. Just have a look at the new v2010 API doc for all of the things that were changed.

I recommend running the current TSL.NET with the 2008 label. When updates for v2010 are available you should be able to simply substitute the new assembly into your projects. However, some of your code may need to change. Here are just a couple examples of how:

- Because TSL.NET is new and not that popular yet, I'm not going to try to create convenient translations between old and new flags. You'll need to change your app code to use the correct enums if I need to change them.
- Code using CallSegmentSid will need to be changed.
- References to telephone numbers will need to be prepared for a leading "+" sign. I think this is a key breaking change.

HTH

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Any updates to this?  Have not seen any code changes or updates since the initial release and trying to get started with Twilio and .Net.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Ahh, thanks for the reminder.  We've had a lot of medical issues lately so time has been limited, but this is high on my list for all of us.  I promise some movement during this upcoming week and probably an alpha for testing within the next two weeks.